CTE Sessions at EANM’09
EANM’09 – CTE Session III
October 12, 2009, 14:30 – 16:00
Stress Testing, Image Interpretation and Artefacts In Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
Moderator: H. François (Brussels)
Co-Moderator: E. Mayor (Barcelona)
|I. Jones (Derby):
What we need to know about cardiac stress testing?
|P. De Bondt (Aalst):
Image interpretation and quantitative analysis in MPI
|S. Burrel (Halifax):
Artefacts and pitfalls in MPI
Upon completion of this session the attendee will have an understanding of:
- Understand and explain the basic principles of ECG, normal and abnormal ECG.
- Understand and explain the different stress testing approaches, exercise or pharmacologic stress testing.
- Identify the normal / abnormal myocardial uptake pattern.
- Understand and explain the most important quantitative assessment tools in MPI.
- Understand and explain the causes and effects of potential artefacts and pitfalls in MPI.
- Develop an understanding to limit these artefacts, actions to correct them and when they arise, knowing the possible influence on the interpretation of the study