EANM’10 – CTE Session V
October 12, 2010, 14:30 – 16:00
Advances in Imaging Equipment
Moderators: H. Medvedec (Zagreb), I. Jones (Derby)
Upon completion of this session the attendee will have an understanding of:
- Provide an overview of new technologies e.g., SPECT/CT, PET/CT and MR/PET etc.
- Describe current / planned developments for leading edge technologies in Nuclear Medicine / PET/CT, e.g., radiotherapy planning in PET/CT etc.
- Discuss dose implications for new technologies and the requirements for risk assessment.
- Identify the links between new isotopes and developing technologies.
- Assess the impact of new technology on patient care
- Discuss the operational requirements associated with evolving technologies.
- Assess the training requirements associated with new technologies.
- Discuss the requirement for multidisciplinary groups in modern Nuclear Medicine / PET/CT Departments.
- Assess the justification for introducing new technologies.
- Outline new clinical directions in the field of Nuclear Medicine.
This session is designed to provide an overview of technological changes in Nuclear Medicine. Developments will be discussed from technical, clinical and practical viewpoints. The first presentation explains the latest technologies and developments. Dose implications and managing radiation risks for both patients and workers when introducing technologies will be discussed. The second presentation will focus on the practical aspects of introducing advanced nuclear medicine technologies. In particular, the presentation will explore the impact on patient care, operational management of the service and training requirements. The final presentation examines the clinical justification for new technolgies and will provide an overview of future directions in the field of Nuclear Medicine.
Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT, imaging equipment, radiation protection, service development, training