Today, the European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) counts more than 20.000 members. The institutional congress of the association welcomes around 7,000 participants from all over Europe, the United States and many other countries on an annual basis.
EANM has a permanent secretariat in Vienna.
The Congress Manager of the EANM is responsible for organising the Annual Congress. Congress organisation is conducted in-house, with some help from preferred and long-term contracted suppliers for abstract handling, registration/housing/social programme, A/V, graphics, printing, freight forwarding etc. Local PCOs, DMCs or other agencies are not used.
At the moment, no bidding process takes place. Venues are booked until the year 2024.
In overall terms, the city that can host the EANM Annual Congress should
- Have a track record of large congresses to have taken place in the city
- Have a state of the art congress centre with full technical equipment and exhibition space preferably on one level; availability on suitable dates (we cannot change to other times of the year than listed)
- Have easy access by rail, road and air (max. one hour by commuter train from the airport to downtown)
- Have sufficient 3-, 4- and 5-star hotels close in max. 15 minutes distance by public transport to the congress centre
- Have a good (public) transport infrastructure
- Have the capacity for EANM and participating companies to host social events in attractive off-site venues
- The City/the Government be willing to offer support to the congress
Guidelines for bidding
- The request for a proposal will be sent to all members of the EANM. These may contact their Convention Bureaus or the applicable congress centre for assistance with submitting the proposals.
- EANM has set up a professional secretariat in Vienna to organise the congresses of the Association on their own. Therefore, proposals by “Professional Congress Organizers” (PCOs) and “Destination Management Companies” (DMCs) or other agencies will NOT be accepted.
- To base our decision on objective criteria, we have assembled questions that we ask you to answer in the order given.
- As the EANM is trying to organise its congresses as “Green Meetings”, we are assessing the environmental awareness of the destinations we choose and have incorporated a few questions concerning this subject.
Procedure and decision making
- The EANM Executive Office will evaluate all proposals and shortlist possible venues.
- According to the EANM Bylaws, the EANM Board decides on future venues.
Should you have any questions regarding these specifications, please feel free to send an e-mail.
Thank you in advance for your efforts!