EANM Sanjiv Sam Gambhir Young Investigator Award
supported by Telix Pharmaceuticals
Sam always wanted the knowledge to travel freely and for international collaborations to flourish. He also believed in encouraging young professionals to exchange ideas and learn from others and for professional societies and medical institutions to advance science by working together.
If you want to learn more about Sam Gambhir and his outstanding life, please click the link below.
Who can apply?
- All junior physicians or other scientists in training up to the age of 38.
The upload page for applications will be opened in March.
- Special Award Session during the congress with the 4-6 finalists.
- Up to 3 months of visitorship at Stanford University. This will include access to daily activities in the Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, including lectures, tumour boards and review of scans and therapies. A large variety of educational activities occur on a daily and weekly basis throughout the Department of Radiology and School of Medicine.
- Flight costs (economy) and a flat rate for expenses supported by the sponsor.
- The award is not transferable and must be completed within 2 years (after the awards hand-over).
Application and Procedure:
- Applicants must submit at the award’s application page (please scroll further down) until the given deadline, a CV and a 1-page statement detailing their research interests, including a project to be presented at the EANM Annual Congress if selected as a finalist. Early cancer detection projects are encouraged.
- Faculty from the Molecular Imaging Program at Stanford (MIPS) and the Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging at Stanford will review the applications and select 4-6 finalists.
- The 4-6 finalists will be invited to the special Awards Session at EANM’23 and have to complete several scientific challenges from the jury. The special Awards Session will be 90 minutes live onsite.
- A jury will give scores during this session, and the finalist with the best scores will win.
- She/he will then receive all necessary information from EANM and Stanford to arrange her/his stay at Stanford (up to 3 months).
- The winner will be kindly asked to post about her/his experiences there regularly.